Saturday 9 December 2017

Bookend Game Awards: Best Multiplayer

I’ll be honest, my multiplayer gaming has been pretty moribund this year until pretty much the last few weeks, but I have just enough that I can actually scrape together a top five for nominations:
  • Killing Floor 2 – Hardly had any time to play this year, but blasting Z’s with friends is a damn fine way to spend an evening.
  • Warhammer End Times: Vermintide – Same as the above, had very little chance to play, but this Left 4 Dead with rats comes highly recommended from this Bookend.
  • Overwatch – I’m total garbage at it, but there’s a reason this skill based shooter is still such a phenomenon so long after it released.
  • Rocket League – The only way you will ever get me to play a Football game willingly.
  • Total War: Shogun 2 – I have trouble finding any friends masochistic enough to face me in a head to head campaign. But ruining their day with my autistic Total War Skills is one of the best ways I can waste an evening, and shogun 2 probably has the best mix of not being shit (*cough* Rome 2) and having decent online support.


And the Winner is:

                Rocket League


I am laughably bad at the game, but it’s a kind of fun that keep pulling me back in a way the others in the list have a hard time emulating for me. I probably recommend never starting just because it can be such a time sink. Also I hate that it has loot boxes, but every new game does nowadays, so at least they’re only cosmetic.


Next up is Best Strategy Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment