Saturday 9 December 2017

Bookend Game Awards: Best Score/Music

Not much to say, some strong contenders, but the winner ended up being pretty clear for me...
  • Cuphead – That is some good 50’s style music and Jazz. Really helps to complete the games feel. It can be hard listening to some of them outside of the game without feeling a creeping anxiety though...
  • Dark Souls – Gwyn’s Theme. Need I say more? This was back before FROM made all their Souls game have sweeping orchestral scores for EVERYTHING.
  • DOOM – Some shit kicking tunes for... Kicking the shit out of Demons.
  • Killer7 – Some fantastic music to round off the fever dream that is Killer7.
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengence – That’s some good music to kill PMC mercs to.

And the winner is...

                Killer7

What can I say, while I do have music from a couple of the others in my library, Killer7 is the only one who is still in my common music rotation now, months after I finished it.

Here, have a ‘Rave on!’ to listen to, this plays in a corridor it takes you 5 seconds to run through, and nowhere else. Did I mention this game is insane? I love it.



Join me next time for Best Art Direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment