Saturday 9 December 2017

Bookend Game Awards: Introduction

Hello one and all, this weekend will see the inaugural Bookend Game Awards, inspired by talking to people at work and really just how out of touch most of the games I play are. Of all the games that got awards in this year, I’ve actually played maybe 5, and a lot of those were gifted to rather than actually bought, so yea, I go out of my way to not support the game industry I guess.

I’m probably likely to at least start playing some more recent games after Christmas, but those guys are going to have to settle for being in next year’s award if I’m still alive by then.

So you know what you’re letting yourself in for, here’s the list of the 39 games I remember playing this year, in alphabetical order:

Banjo-Kazooie
Cuphead
Dark Souls
DOOM
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Dust: An Elysium Tale
Endless Space
Hegemony: Gold
Hollow Knight
Hyper Light Drifter
ICEY
Inside
Killer7
Killing Floor 2
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Lone Survivor
Medieval Total War 2
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Mordheim: City of the Damned
N++
Naploeon Total war
OneShot
Overwatch
Patrician 3
Puppeteer
Red Dead Redemption
Rocket league
Rome Total War
Slime Rancher
Spyro the dragon
Steamworld heist
Sunless Sea
Superhot
Total War: Shogun 2
Transformers Devastation
Uncharted: A Thief's End
Warhammer: Total War
Windward

For the record, I’ve mostly only put games up here I’ve finished, are indefinite in scope or that I’ve played my fill of and have no intention of ever revisiting.

I’m going to give the same categories as the game awards, even though I’m not even sure what some of them are supposed to even mean,  but as I’m sure you can tell from that list, there are some categories that may be a little... eh heh heh... sparse, to say the least.

Up next will be a group of awards that I’m affectionately grouping together into the ‘LUL no’ category. You’ll see what I mean.

Right Bookend Peter signing out.


No comments:

Post a Comment