Saturday 9 December 2017

Bookend Game Awards: LUL no Categories

First up I’m going to cover the categories that I basically have no games for, because they just don’t interest me or I just never touched due this year by coincidence.

Best Handheld Game
I don’t own a single handheld console, so unsurprisingly I have no games I can really offer in this category, but because it was originally an mobile I am giving my one nomination, and hence the entire award to:

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

A great game even when played on a console (as part of the HD collection) you can see it was designed with being a hand held game in mind, so I can only imagine how great it would have been for those handheld gaming deviants back in the day.

Best Mobile Game
I haven’t played a mobile game since I was into Clash Royale for a few weeks nearly 2 years ago, so my award for this category goes to:

                Apps for learning Kanji

Yea. I’m a weeb, let’s all move on with our lives.

Best VR/AR Game
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

No, I don’t own any VR headsets and don’t play AR games.  I like not wasting my time and/or money.
Probably Superhot VR would win if I did own a headset though.

Best Fighting Game
I’m so sorry fighting game fans, I just stopped playing them years ago because I realised how bad I was. So while it will probably trigger every actual fighting game fan out there, I have to give my only nomination and Prize to:

                Dragon Ball Xenoverse

What can I say, it’s not a great game but I did have a lot of fun punching aliens as a ripped Saiyan woman.

Best Sports/Racing Game
I feel bad for this one, because I actually do quite like racing games, but apparently I just haven’t played any this year, so what can you do? And with that my only nomination and winner goes to:

                Rocket league

Hey, it’s basically football (yes FOOTBALL you bloody Yanks, not Soccer), but with cars. I’m counting it as a sports game.


And with that I’ve got all the categories I have literally nothing to say about out of the way. I’ll now work my way backwards through all the categories they had in the actual game awards until we get to the Game Of The Year Category, so up next:  Best Debut Indie Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment