Saturday 9 December 2017

Bookend Game Awards: Best Independent Game

So, I bitched about how I don’t see the need to split best indie and best Debut Indie before, this is basically the same list for both for me, so probably no surprises here... I’ve copy and passed a lot for this one.

My Nominations:
  • Cuphead - It took them long enough to make, but it’s a damn fun little game that looks amazing.
  • Hollow Knight – A fantastic metroidvania, with great art, sound, lore and gameplay. What’s not to like? It already got the last award. Will it get another?
  • Hyper Light Drifter – A beautiful looking action game with fun, challenging combat and exploration, though it took a little while to click with me.
  • Slime Rancher – I never knew how much I wanted to farm Slimes with cat ears until I bought this game.
  • Sunless Sea – It might have niche appeal, but this Lovecraftian London is one hell of a trip.


And the Winner is:

                Hollow Knight



What a shock... I suppose it was up against another Bookend Award Winner in Sunless Sea and the decision was quite close actually, but I think Hollow Knight is the better package.


Next up, join me for Best Ongoing Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment